The Schist Villages, consists in a network of 27 villages distributed in the interior of the Central Region of Portugal. These small groups add to the regional tourism great potential, reflected in architecture, environmental amenities, gastronomy and traditions, and other distinctive cultural elements presented in products and excellent services.
This building was projected by the Architect Moura Coutinho, following the line of the architecture of the century XVIII. It was built between 1930 and 1934.In its interior it has tile panels from the Fábrica de Stª Ana, and a Noble Hall where you can find marvelous paintings from Carlos Reis (Legend of Lousã) and João Reis (Family, Religion, Work).
The patron saint is St. Sylvester. It is a temple of modern construction that came to replace the old and shabby church that was in ruins. It dates from 1882, having been completed in 1921, with the construction of the Bell Tower.
It is also known as Viscondessa do Espinhal Palace. This impressive emblazoned building had two periods of works: one from the 16th century. XVIII and another one of 1818. Actually, is the building where works the Palácio da Lousã - Boutique Hotel and a place that breathes historical themes.
By determination of the City Council of October 14, 1931, it was decided to call Alameda Carlos Reis to the space then known as Parque do Regueiro. It underwent remodeling and expansion works in 2003. Now, it’s a known as Parque Carlos Reis and after new improvements has great infrastructures to held, live concerts at open air, a space to kids to play, a café/ bar and the town municipal swimming pool just beside.
Water fountain and medallion allusive to Sá Carneiro, from the authorFernando Pedro and sculpture by Alves Pinheiro. Inaugurated on April 25, 1998.
The collection of the Ethnographic Museum Dr. Louzã Henriques gathers a set of objects from various areas of the country, both from the continental and insular part. Most of the objects were purchased by Dr. Louzã Henriques from collectors and private individuals, but others were already donated by public or private individuals or entities to the County.
Located in Arouce valley, by which came to call Arouce Castle, its date of construction can not be specified, being this certain of the XI century, since there is a document of that time referring to it. At this time, according to the chronicles, the Castle would not have the current configuration, but it would be a wooden building or a simple tower, unlike the masonry building that we find today. It is full of legends and some ancient people believe that this fortification is not the main one. It was just an observation Fort. And presently it is being restored.
It is an important Marian Shrine, situated on the hill opposite to the Castle of Arouce. There are three chapels, the oldest and largest being the Capela de S. João, built between the XIII and XIV centuries. It has a set of sculptures of the XV and XVI centuries carved in stone of Ançã: S. João Baptista, S. João Evangelista and S. Paio, and also a front altar in seventeenth-century ceramic tiles.